The production of excessive amounts of thyroxine hormone can lead to a condition called hyperthyroidism. The common cause of this disorder is Graves’ disease, abnormal secretion of thyroid stimulating hormone, excessive intake of iodine, inflammation of the thyroid gland, nodules in the thyroid gland or benign lumps. Women suffer more from this disease as compared to men. Signs that can lead to hyperthyroidism are nervousness, irregular heartbeat, weight loss, excessive perspiration, fatigue, muscle weakness, swelling at the base of the neck, difficulty in sleeping. Hyperthyroidism can be treated naturally by some simple home remedies.
Here are some natural or alternative treatment for hyperthyroidism which reduces the signs and symptoms to cure the disorder easily without any side effects on the body.
Ayurvedic Treatment Options Hyperthyroidism
- The herb Ashwagandha is useful as it contains countless benefits. This herb restores the functions of immune system and has anti-inflammatory properties in it. Use of this herb reduces stress caused by hyperthyroidism.
- Parsley is one of the most wonderful home remedies for hyperthyroidism.
- Consume Cayenne as its extract is used to get rid of irritating hyperthyroidism. It improves and enhances the blood circulation in body.
- Kelp (Kind of Alge) is a seaweed which is another unique home remedies for hyperthyroidism.
- Prunella Vulgaris is a herb which has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties in it. This herb helps in dealing with the symptoms of hyperthyroidism such as tight chest, fatigue, insomnia etc. This is a natural treatment for hyperthyroidism.
- Echinacea herbal teas are available as it’s the best home remedy for boosting the functioning of immune system.
- Eleuthero also known by the name of Siberian Ginseng. This herb strengthens the person’s body functions and prevents the growth of hyperthyroidism from inside out.
- Yogurt is a marvelous remedy which helps in eliminating the process of hyperthyroidism. It helps in coping up with this frustrating situation.
- Green tea extract is one of the most effective natural treatments for hyperthyroidism. Consume 2-3 cups of green tea daily to reduce the effects of hyperthyroidism.
- Consumption of various vitamins and minerals helps in regulating hyperthyroidism. Intake of vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin B12, vitamin D and minerals like calcium, magnesium daily can prove to be very helpful. Use vitamin B12 rich food as this will reduce the over activity of the thyroid gland. Vitamin B rich foods like red meat, crab, eggs, beef, shellfish, mackerel fish, soy products like tofu, fortified cerealsetc. which stimulate the functions of glandular.
- Vitamin C supplements should be used by hyperthyroid patients. Use 1000mg of vitamin C supplement daily.
- Use vitamin D supplements for healthy bones.
- Calcium intake should be regular as it prevents negative effect of hyperthyroidism on bones.
- Consume foods rich in magnesium and calcium like seeds, green leafy vegetables, nuts etc. for treating the symptoms of hyperthyroidism naturally.
- Munching on Oats is also an effective cure for hyperthyroidism as it reduces the exhaustion and weakness caused by excessive secretion of thyroid hormone. Consume 1-2 serving(s) in daily diet.
- Indian Gooseberry is an effective remedy for the treatment of hyperthyroidism naturally. This berry controls the over production of thyroid hormone. Use it in the form of powder by adding little amount of honey to it.
- Consume blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and cherries etc. as the vitamins present in it areenrichedwith anti-oxidants which decrease the inflammation of the thyroid gland by promoting immune system.
- Use cabbage as it contains an element called goitrogen which reduces the thyroid hormone in hyperthyroid condition.
- Use foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids like walnuts, cereal, eggs, flaxseeds, fishes like (salmon, anchovies, sturgeon, mackerel, herring etc ), vegetable oils, source of omega-6 fatty acids to enhance the inflammation during hyperthyroidism condition.
- Consume soy rich protein as it contain isoflavones, genistein which helps in natural treatment of hyperthyroidism. Consume 1-2 ounce of soybean in the form of milk, beans or tofu as it makes the body more energetic.
- Eat green vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, Brussels sprouts, collards, kohlrabi, turnip, radishes, kale, millet, peaches, peanuts, spinach, mustard grass, watercress etc which are rich in isothicyanates and goitrogens which decrease the over production of thyroid hormone.
- Bugleweed contains lithospermic acid which decreases the levels of TSH and T4. Hence reduce hyperthyroidism. Consume it in the form of tea daily.
- Sea vegetables like hijiki, nori, kombu, kelp etccontain good source of iodine which is important mineral for thyroid health.
- Lemon balm is also an important herb as it normalize the level of TSH because it contains flavonoids, phenolic acid which contain thyroid. Use this as herbal tea.
- Use herbal tea made from roots of Valerian as it is very effective in the treatment of hyperthyroidism naturally. It has relaxant properties and is helpful in sleeping disorders.
These all are simple natural alternative treatments for Hyperthyroidism and give best results without putting any side effects on the body.